16th Annual Conference date set for 2016
Please join us Saturday February 13th, 2016! The 16th Annual Father’s Conference will be at Wayne County Community College Northwest Campus – 8200 W. Outer Drive, Detroit, MI 48219.
Fatherhood is a wonderful thing for fathers, children, and families, that fills our lives with great experiences. With appreciation for this, the theme for t he 16th Annual Father’s Conference is “Celebrating Fatherhood”. We are pleased to present new workshops designed to show the important roles we have as parents and to celebrate what fathers do.
When is the Conference?
Please Join Us on Saturday the 13th!!
The Sixteenth Annual Fathers Conference is on Saturday, February 13th, 2016.
What will I Learn?
The conference offers different workshops with a variety of topics listed below. We start and end the conference as one large group for the Keynote and Closing remarks. The rest of the day lets dads choose what they want to hear about in each session. For full descriptions of each please visit the Workshops Page here. If you are interested in learning more about this years speakers visit the Speaker page here.
Following is the lineup of workshops for the 2015 Fathers Conference – Fathering for Life. Please check back for more details.
Fathering for Life Sessions
- Challenges of Fathering Boys/Girls
- Challenges of Fathering Adult Children
- Boy’s Panel & Girls Panel
- Wise Dad’s Panel
- Kids Behaving on Social Media
- That’s My Kid – Kids in Sports
- Managing Your Anger
- Being Primary Caregiver for Kids
- Inside Friend of the Court
- Secret of Successful Blended Families
- Managing Effects of High Conflict Divorce
Where is the Conference?
The conference is held at the Oakland Schools Building in Waterford, Michigan (near the Oakland County Courthouse Complex)
How much does it cost?
- All day (8:00 am to 3:00 pm) is only $25 ($35 at the door)
- Special offer:
- Bring along 2 Friends (3 for $60)
- Buy a table for 6 for $100
- I can’t make it, but please accept my donation to permit another father to attend at no cost.
Your registration includes a Continental Breakfast and Lunch. Professionals are Eligible for Continuing Education Credit for Attending the Conference.
How to Register?
- ONLINE RESERVATIONS CLOSED AT 8PM ON Friday the 6th. You may still register at the door.
- Mail your Name, Address, Telephone, Email and Number of Attendees to:
Birmingham, MI 48009
- Make checks payable to ‘Partnership for Dads’ and be sure to write “Fathers Conference” on the memo line of your check.
Please note that no refunds or special offers will be permitted after 1/15/2016.
What are people saying about the conference?
“Overall, this was a very worthwhile way to spend my Saturday.” – Past Attendee
“The conference is a causal atmosphere with a variety of topics. I learned not to overreact and to understanding my children’s viewpoint.” – Past Attendee
“I am a returning attending. The conference always has insights or nuggets I can use.” – Past Attendee
“The event was terrific. Not only did I learn important and useful information, but I had a great time as well. Although my decision to attend was last minute, I’m not sure that there was much else I could have done Saturday that would have been a better use of my (personal) time.
The Keynote by Jeff Zaslow (The Last Lecture) was very entertaining and impressive. Three Breakout Sessions followed that for my money, delivered on their billing. The last session of the day brought all 300ish dads back together to hear each speaker summarize the most important points of their session. This allowed us to get the gist of the sessions that we could not attend.
I would highly recommend this event and am including a link so that you can check it out further if you desire and perhaps place it on your calendar for next year.
My thanks to Ralph Picano for nudging me to attend.” – Gary Valentine